The summer 2018 session of the DAC School Forensic Video/Audio Training will be held on 25-29 June 2018 at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation training facility in Decatur, GA (just outside of Atlanta). Attendees have the option to purchase either the training only, or a “training + software” package including a new one-year Subscription license, a Perpetual license, or a one-year maintenance renewal of an existing license to the latest version of VideoFOCUS for one low price. Customers with current, paid maintenance contracts on their existing VideoFOCUS licenses may qualify for FREE training seat(s). Click here for complete details and enrollment information.
As a special offer for 2018, each purchase of a new VideoFOCUS Pro Perpetual or Subscription license, or a maintenance renewal to an existing VideoFOCUS Pro license, with the maintenance contract covering the period including 30 November 2018, is entitled to one complimentary tuition (a $900 value) in any advertised US training session in 2018.
For qualifying purchases, the first opportunity to take advantage of this offer will be the 5-day Forensic Video/Audio being held on 22-26 January 2018 at the Rocky Mountain Information Network training facilities in Phoenix, AZ. Due to the nature of the training location, attendance for this particular event is restricted to law-enforcement and governmental personnel from the USA and Canada ONLY.
Additional US training sessions that are less restrictive on attendees will be scheduled in the weeks ahead; however, if you are eligible and wish to take early advantage of this offer, please click here for complete details and enrollment information for the Phoenix training.
Having completed the initial beta testing period, both VideoFOCUS Pro and VFSource Version 7.0 are now in general release and are available for download and installation under all licenses having a current maintenance contract*.
In addition to numerous improvements to the user interface and support for some additional DVR formats, the new features of VideoFOCUS Pro include:
- Automatic Reporting, which produces a PDF report detailing the properties of each item being reported, all steps required to reproduce, hashes (both SHA1 and SHA-256) for all imported and exported media items, plus user-editable text fields under Case Properties and Session Properties that provide notes for the overall case and each item along with the agency name, examiner name, case number, and case title;
- Macro Function, enabling any set of actions taken on one piece of media to be quickly applied to other similar media, without the user having to repeat the same actions in the user interface;
- Unified Export Window, supporting the simultaneous export of multiple images, video, and audio, with separate tabs allowing independent format selection for each type and a detailed PDF report being automatically produced and saved along with the items (if enabled);
- Improved Item Labeling and Tooltips, providing a more consistent methodology for the labeling of items created by filters, modifications, edits, etc.;
- Independent Time Zone Setting for Each Case under the new File->Case Properties menu item, a helpful function for examiners who work on cases originating from across multiple time zones, and;
- Cases Now Described Through a Standardized Text File, not a version-specific binary file as in previous versions, enabling new cases created in versions 7.0 onward to be opened with later versions.
Please watch for our automated support messages informing of new releases, and also periodically check our support website for the newest versions of VideoFOCUS as they become available.
* Under Upgrade Amnesty, any previously-purchased VideoFOCUS license is now eligible to gain entitlement to all new versions for one future year with the purchase of a 1YR maintenance contract. To request a quotation to renew maintenance on your VideoFOCUS license, please complete and submit the online form and either we or your in-country dealer will respond as soon as possible.
Especially convenient for those in or near the greater New York City area, a special 3-day session of the DAC School Forensic Video Training with Audio Introduction will be held on 5-7 December 2017 at the Bronx Community College North Hall Library in Bronx, NY. Attendees have the option to purchase either the training only, or a “training + software” package that includes a one-year Subscription license to the latest VideoFOCUS software for one low price. Click here for complete details and enrollment information.
The first 2018 DAC School Forensic Video/Audio Training will be held on 22-26 January 2018 at the Rocky Mountain Information Network training facilities in Phoenix, AZ. Attendees have the option to purchase either the training only, or a “training + software” package including a one-year Subscription license to the latest VideoFOCUS software for one low price. Click here for complete details and enrollment information.
For the Fall-Winter 2017 seasons, Salient Sciences will be exhibiting at the following events:
10/17/2017: LEVA 28th Annual Law Enforcement & Emergency Services Video
Association Digital Multimedia Evidence Symposium (for details, please visit the LEVA website)
10/21/2017 – 10/24/2017: IACP 2017 124th Annual Conference and Exposition of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (for details, please visit the IACP Conference website)
11/7/2017 – 11/8/2017: NATIA Mid-Atlantic Chapter Fall Training Conference & Technology Exhibition, Williamsburg, VA
11/21/2017 – 11/24/2017: MILIPOL Paris 2017, Paris-Nord Villepinte, France, Stand L163, “Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina” (for details, please visit the MILIPOL Paris 2017 website)
11/29/2017 – 11/30/2017: NATIA Southeast Chapter Training Conference & Technology Exhibition, Deerfield Beach, FL
1/17/2018 – 1/19/2018: NATIA Southwest Chapter Training Conference & Technology Exhibition, Austin, TX
Please note that attendance at the NATIA conferences is strictly for members and exhibitors who are specifically invited by the NATIA organization. For further details, please visit https://www.natia.org/.
For the Spring and Summer 2017 seasons, Salient Sciences will be exhibiting at the following events:
3/7/2017 – 3/9/2017: Security & Policing Home Office Event 2017, Farnborough, Hampshire, UK (for details, please visit the Security & Policing website)
4/4/2017 – 4/5/2017: NATIA Mid-Atlantic Chapter Spring Training Conference & Technology Exhibition, Dover, DE
4/24/2017 – 4/26/2017: National Cyber Crime Conference, Norwood, MA (for details, please visit the NCCC website)
6/15/2017 – 6/17/2017: AES International Conference on Audio Forensics, Arlington, VA (for details, please visit the AES website)
7/18/2017 – 7/19/2017: NATIA 2017 Annual Conference & Exposition, Tampa, FL
Please note that attendance at the NATIA conferences is strictly for NATIA members and exhibitors who are specifically invited by the NATIA organization. For further details, please visit https://www.natia.org/.